Safeway Store #1887
Deli fried chicken served raw to customers - Safeway Deli fried chicken
On January 3rd I stopped at Safeway #1887 to pick up some fried chicken from the deli. My husband and I ate it at home and got sick after eating it. He was watching TV and did not see that it was RAW inside. He vomited and got the runs. I ate a little later after I got home from church. He was in the bathroom so I started eating. He came out and told me to stop! It was too late. We both got sick and went to the hospital 2 days later! I took it back to Safeway after taking pictures. The insurance department won't do anything about it or admit their fault fro serving RAW chicken. They won't cover the medical bills or anything. The hospital gave us antibiotics for bacterial infection and told me it was because of the chicken, but did not list food poisoning in our diagnosis. So Safeway will not be responsible. The manager of the store filed the claim but the insurance says it's not liable or responsible! This is a FARSE!!!