GM And AC DELCO Battery Leak Caused Major Electrical Damage major damage to wire harness

Will NOT Take Blame leaking postive connection on battery caused acid to eat into electrical wiring - wires began burning and melting

I purchased a 2001 Cavalier used from Jon Hall in Daytona Beach, Florida in September 2002. The car still had the original battery from factory. On April 25, 2003 I had parked the car in my garage. When I went back out to the garage I noticed a terrible burning smell, and smoke was pouring out from under the hood of the car. The headlights were on even though the were turned off. I could not get the headlights to shut off, smoke was still coming out.

I disconnected the battery fuse to shut off the voltage to the lights and stop the burning. I tried to drive the car to the dealership but the wires began to burn again after replacing the fuse.

I called GM who had the car towed (supposedly at their expense) to the dealership. The GM certified mechanic stated this is a common problem with these batteries.

However, GM WILL NOT take responsibilty for the damage.

Had I not returned to the garage, my entire house would probably have burned along with the car.

This appears to be a major defect in these batteries and someone GM or Delco needs to accept the responsiblity for allowing this to continue.

Offender: GM - AC DELCO
Country: USA   State: Michigan   City: Detroit
Address: or

0 0
Users of Guest are not allowed to comment this complaint.
Please register on our website, it will take a few seconds.